What Is Trojan-Clicker.Win32?
Trojan-Clicker.Win32.VB.qq has been categorized as a top level dangerous Trojan horse virus, which is a computer infection that runs in the background & connects to remote websites automatically. It was released by cyber criminals to make benefits from victims/users.
This cunning virus is quite skilled in playing hide-and-seek. It is designed in such a way that a lot of decent and reputable antivirus products also cannot recognize and remove it completely. Trojan-Clicker.Win32.VB.qq also has the ability to analyze or find the loopholes on your system. Therefore, to invade a computer is a piece of cake for them. It is potentially unwanted program (PUP) which may install and download many other malware or threats after it infects your computer. It may download or install other adware, toolbar, browser redirect and hijack the Homepage of the affected browser. This Trojan can use your system to click on random online advertisements without your permission. This can make profit for a malicious hacker by making a website or application appear more popular than it is. This is done to generate revenue from these advertisements which appears on your screen or by driving these traffic to sites. As a sites pay for each visit that happens or each time the advertisement is shown on your screen. This can make your PC sluggish and also decrease the standard of your system/PC.
It targets all browsers including:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (Mac)
Some of the symptoms user may encounter:
- Make your system sluggish
- Your internet speed will become slow.
- Unusual running processes, but no visible window.
- Increase of CPU utilization as they are connected to remote sites.
- Hard drive will be constantly utilized.
- Your homepage will get change.
- It can install more than one extension on your browser.
- Freezes your system or sudden crash of your system.
- Your system will behave in unusual manner.
How Trojan Clicker infects your system?
- Trojan-Clicker.Win32.VB.qq is distributed through misleading websites and advertisement. These advertisements usually offer free online scan or online test.
- It installed with free software that you download from the internet which contain “offers”.
- Most adult content sites make heavy use of Flash, so try to limit your visits to those as much as possible and only trust well known site otherwise.
- Through torrent files because they often contain fake download button and install Trojan clicker virus backdoor.
- They involve an executable file delivered through alternative means like an Email attachments, infected software installers, etc.
- Infected USB drives.
Tips to Prevent Trojan-Clicker From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.
- Install a powerful ad-blocker for Chrome, Mozilla and IE.