What Is Internet Speed Pilot ?
The Internet Speed Pilot, categorized as hijacker has been created and managed by Ad Knowledge Inc. It promises to enhance your internet speed in terms of downloads and uploads, but this tool in reality is a browser hijacker.
Malicious effects of Internet Speed Pilot Browser Virus
- It changes your default browser settings for all the installed browsers
- It blocks access to most of legitimate websites by altering the DNS configuration.
- Remote installation of other malware is done using a distant server.
- Damages registry and slows down the computer.
- It will install and enable other browser extensions without you knowledge to bombard you with pop-ups which once clicked will redirect to other websites.
- Constant redirects to other phishing sites which may steal your private and personal information.
- It facilitates remote hacker to gain access to your system without permission. This is done to steal and sell the data gained to third party for earning more money.
How Internet Speed Pilot enters into your computer –
- Using the external devices: Sometimes when sending or receiving some important files we use external devices like DVD/CD, pen drive, etc. This the most unintentional means of spreading the infection like Internet Speed Pilot.
- Surfing social media websites: During the surfing, social media site you may get many malicious links is displayed which you might accidentally open. Referred to as clickjacking, this clicking of the links makes you a soft target for remote attackers to invade your web browser.
- Opening of spam mails with attachments: Mails in your spam tab that come with links is another way of spreading this infection. Do not open or click such mails or links. If you are unable to recognize the sender, take it as a cyber threat, you can be the next victim.
- File sharing: File sharing using P2P programs is very common among the people. Also sharing files through Wi-Fi with some sharing applications is a common practice. During the sharing process, you may get invaded by Internet Speed Pilot program very easily. So, keep yourself away from it.
- During downloading: If you are downloading a new software, programs, files or any things through internet then there may be a great chance to get this vicious program.
How to remove Internet Speed Pilot?
You can remove it using the given methods:
Method-Automatic: Using Internet Speed Pilot Removal Tool
Method-Manual: Remove Manually.
Automatic Removal Steps:
- Download Internet Speed Pilot RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Internet Speed Pilot RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Internet Speed Pilot Manually?
Steps to remove Internet Speed Pilot from Google Chrome:
- Press window key +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named ‘dadnfmoeipnlmdlfoioabgopkajneldh’
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Internet Speed Pilot’.
Steps to remove ‘Internet Speed Pilot’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press window key +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles ‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json. mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named “@Speedtest.xpi “
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘Internet Speed Pilot’ from Internet Explorer:
- Go to Tools tab on your Internet Explorer and select Manage add-ons tab.
- select the option of ‘Toolbar and Extension’ and then delete the unwanted extension from there.
- In the other option ‘Search providers’. You can manage your search engine manually.
- Select the search engine and click set as default option according to your favorite one.
- If you are not able to change the settings from with the above steps. Click on Tool option >Internet Option >Advanced>Reset
- From this you can reset your browser such as default settings
Tips to Prevent Internet Speed Pilot VirusFrom Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.