MapsEasy is a browser extension that provides a lot of features and functions to its users, such as quick access to the map, information about roads, weather forecast, news feed and so on. Mapseasy.net is a browser hijacker that interrupts your browser’s working. This browser redirector claims to provide you with map service, but in reality, it will switch your search engine and homepage to mapseasy.net as well as disrupt your search queries with redirection to unsafe websites where your system can get infected some more malware.
How Mapseasy.net infects your PC?
There are three most common ways of Mapseasy.net getting into your computer:
- Bundling method: This is the most effective and easy method for the malware distribution in the computers. Cyber offenders put in the malware in some free software applications. When the users download this program and install it, but this malicious program also gets into your computer.
- Be careful, malware applications can come attached with spam emails also.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious websites, they can infect your PC with Mapseasy.net.
The same behavior can also be seen in (Arcadetab.com Hijacker Removal Tool & Guide) browser hijacker.
Signs of the infection in the computer?
- Irritating pop-ups on the computer screen.
- Full window banners.
- Transitional in-line text ads
- Background audio and video ads.
- Highlighted keywords named as MapsEasy toolbar.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove MapsEasy?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Method-Automatic: Remove MapsEasy using MapsEasy Removal Tool
- Method-Manual: Remove MapsEasy using manual steps.
Scan your PC with:
- Download MapsEasy RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove MapsEasy Manually?
Steps to remove ‘MapsEasy’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘dhbfhdlbkkndcdocnoejneopgjkkodnf’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘MapsEasy’.
Steps to remove ‘MapsEasy’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named email@example.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘MapsEasy’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice
Tips to Prevent MapsEasy From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like MapsEasy. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.