MergeDocsOnline hijacks your browser and sets your homepage to a specified homepage ‘hp.myway.com’. Once this infection gets into your computer, it starts displaying various options for the users to convert files, merge documents, share files, convert images, language translator, social networking website, online shopping options, travel guides etc. on the toolbar. The main target of this browser redirector is to attract the users to click on any one of it numerous options and once it achieves its target, this hijacker will start showing numerous advertising information in the form of annoying pop-ups.
How does it get into your computer? How malicious is it?
Hackers distribute this as an adware, which comes as a freeware, bundled with some software that you might have downloaded to convert some file or document to a different format. Its doubtful activities include stealth installation and tracking of user’s surfing history which makes this application harmful.The same behavior can also be seen in (Search.searchffr.com Redirect Hijacker )browser hijacker.
- Once installed, MergeDocsOnline replaces the default settings of the homepage.
- Installs thumbnails, with various conversion button.
- Creates an icon on the upper right side of the window, which says
- The search engine mostly gets redirected to http://int.search.myway.com
- Slows down the browsing speed of your system.
- Web browser redirects to different search engine
- Google Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Internet Explorer.
How to Remove ‘MergeDocsOnline’
This is a compiled guide to help you remove the hijacker that is installed on your machine. Follow these steps in the correct order, so that you don’t end up harming your computer further.
- Method -Removing MergeDocsOnline Toolbar using MergeDocsOnline Removal Tool
- Method-Removing MergeDocsOnline Toolbar Manually.
Scan your PC with MergeDocsOnline:
- Download MergeDocsOnline RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove MergeDocsOnline Manually?
Steps to remove ‘MergeDocsOnline’from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type the path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘dlljbmeflidflhmmloihdcglpgkkdghg and gddiehhlphkfabhcldibfbfdhidihcgo’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘MergeDocsOnline ‘.
Steps to remove ‘MergeDocsOnline’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions‘folder and delete the folder named _ewMembers_@free.mergedocsonline.com
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘MergeDocsOnline’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
- Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Tips to Prevent MergeDocsOnline From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like MergeDocsOnline . So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.