MyDIYGenie is categorized as a malicious adware infection or virus. This is because it delivers a large amount of commercial infected pop-up ads on user’s computer and refuses to leave. It not only displays a ton of unwanted pop-up ads within Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer but also makes your system’s performance poor.
It is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or better known as a browser hijacker. Most of the browser hijackers change the search engine and default home page to the one, from the third party through which they are getting paid for bringing in the traffic and downloads on their site or automatically redirecting it to new tab.
How does it enter into your system?
When you download a free software or adware, this browser hijacker gets a free passage to enter into your system and starts working in the background. It might enter the system through some spam emails. It can also enter into your system by bundling itself with other third party software. Every time you browse the web or watch online videos, tons of commercial ads and pop-ups always appear on your browsing screen. They not only disturb your online work but also make your system slow down dramatically, thus many people want to get rid of this annoying MyDIYGenie malware. Here is a tool to get rid of this browser extension and remove the virus from the browser, by clicking on the link given below.
Detected behaviors and malicious effects:
- Change of homepage, search engine, and browser settings.
- Automatic redirection to other websites.
- Poor system performance.
- Hijacks your private data like IP addresses and gathers your sensitive information.
- Displays annoying ads on your browsing screen.
- Exposes the user’s system to other malware.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How to remove MyDIYGenie:
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove MyDIYGenie using MyDIYGenie RemovalTool
- Manual: Remove MyDIYGenie manually.
Scan your PC with
- Download MyDIYGenie RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE:You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove MyDIYGenie manually?
Steps to remove ‘MyDIYGenie’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on the keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘poggpgofjcgamnmcojmifmnbhglnafbb and gddiehhlphkfabhcldibfbfdhidihcgo’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘MyDIYGenie’.
Steps to remove ‘MyDIYGenie’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on the keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named _i5Members_@free.mydiygenie.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘MyDIYGenie’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent MyDIYGenie From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adaptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like MyDIYGenie. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated: To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to the survey, outdated/older versions of Windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third-party installation: Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Backup: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this, we would suggest a regular updating of this software to detect and avoid latest infections.