MyFileConvert is a browser hijacker which is a superficial program, which serves online advertisements to promote sales, and create web traffic on the third party websites. The creator of this program earns money as a revenue on the basis of pay per click and also earns commission per click which generates revenue. This nasty threat can also inject its harmful codes into the registry editor to get started automatically on your system. According to its creator it provides the ability to quickly convert files of various formats online but in reality it plays a browser redirector.
How Harmful is this Hijacker?
Is the browser that you are using getting struck while browsing? Are you suddenly getting pop-ups on your computer screen? If the answer is YES, then it is definite that your computer has been hijacked and some adware/malware has got into your computer. This infection alters your browser settings, sets its own home page, and continually checks the data related to your browsing activities.
The same behavior can also be seen in (Fulltabsearch.com Removal Tool) browser hijacker.
How does it get in your computer and its behavior changes:
MyFileConvert by MyWay virus usually utilizes free applications and spam links to spread over your computer and the internet connection you are using. It comes bundled with other free programs via its downloaders and installers or hacked and illegal websites.
- The symptoms of infection are sluggishness and degraded performance.
- Display of massive pop-up ads, weird changes in the web browser settings.
- Installation of unknown programs.
- Hijacks the browser and resets its default settings replacing the preset homepage, search engine and new tab URL option with hp.myway.com.
- This virus by MyWay has the ability to keep track of every move you make on your computer, which include your web searches and all the confidential information you might have shared, like your full name, phone number and home address, credit card accounts, passwords and so on.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
DON’T PANIC-Below are two effective ways to get rid of this infection.
How to remove MyFileConvert
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Method-Automatic: Remove MyFileConvert using MyFileConvert RemovalTool.
- Method-Manual: Remove MyFileConvert Manually.
Scan your PC with:
- Download MyFileConvert RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove MyFileConvert Manually?
Steps to remove ‘MyFileConvert’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘dklojdcnnnnpfndcmmanejekaocnbadb’
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘MyFileConvert’.
Steps to remove ‘MyFileConvert’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard and tap the R key once
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named @ _hvMembers_@free.myfileconvert.com.
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘MyFileConvert’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.MyFileConvert Removal Tool
Tips to Prevent MyFileConvert From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like MyFileConvert. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.