What Is PUA_ELEX.SM2 ?
Bad news for all the Window users globally. WHY? PUA_ELEX.SM2 is the latest detected computer virus which is harmful to your computer. This virus attacks your computer without any permission, this creeps into your computer through infested media file, peer to peer file sharing, drive by downloading, social networking websites and junk email attachments.
This virus brings in lot of problems like program termination, resources consumption, slow PC speed, weird performance, annoying errors like Blue screen of death. Apart from this, it makes your computer totally unstable which even refuses to boot normally. This notorious Trojan horse virus can make your system simply unusable. It is advised to use trojan virus remover to safe guard your computer.
PUA_ELEX.SM2 brings changes in your system files, adds new folders, forms Windows tasks and exhibits advertisements on your computer and Internet Browser. Be careful when downloading bundled freeware, receiving spam emails, sharing p2p files, surfing torrent or porn websites. Take caution when tempted to click on such misleading ads, suspicious links and contaminated USB drives as all of them are the easiest method for this adware to enter your system. PUA_ELEX.SM2 adware steals your personal and financial information-which includes your bank account number, credit card credentials, login id, passwords, IP address etc. which is shared and send to hackers the accounts and then they demand exhorts money from the victim.
Signs which reflects PUA_ELEX.SM2 virus in your computer?
- Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Many of the saved and important files get automatically restricted or may get corrupted and become completely unreachable for your use.
- Saved temp or corrupted files and folder gets auto generated and occupy a large amount of space on your Windows System memory.
- Windows System screen also gets locked sometimes and does not let the user open any of the PC programs.
- Unknown processes running in the background without your knowledge, occupy a lot of your PC resources and causes system crash or blue screen of death.
- SM2 may collect all your browsing history and Windows System activities take your privacy in danger. To avoid this virus we recommend to use our adware removal tool.
Tips to Prevent PUA_ELEX.SM2 Adware From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.
- Install a powerful ad-blocker for Chrome, Mozilla and IE.