AllInOneDocs is categorized as an ad-on for your browser. It promises the computer users to allow access to free Office suite online, such as Word processor, Spreadsheet, etc. but actually, it is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) or more specifically a browser hijacker. Once it gets inside the PC, it can take control over the web browsers by changing its settings. It replaces the default search engine, new tab page, and search engine with search.myway.com.
How does it get into the PC?
You may come across AllInOneDocs while surfing for new applications for your system. By clicking on random links or while installing genuine software also, you can become the target of AllInOneDocs.
The browser looks like this when AllInOneDocs enters your browser.
The targeted browsers of AllInOneDocs are:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Once search.myway.com. is set as your default search engine, you will be provided with modified search results that are having several sponsored links and ads.
- It can monitor your browsing sessions by recording your search data, clicks, visited websites, etc. Such sensitive data may later be transferred to third parties.
- The infected users may observe different malfunctions.
How to Remove AllInOneDocs?
You can remove AllInOneDocs using the following two methods:
- Removing AllInOneDocs using AllInOneDocs Removal Tool
- Removing AllInOneDocs using manual method
Removing AllInOneDocs using AllInOneDocsRemovalTool :
- Download AllInOneDocs RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove AllInOneDocs Manually?
Steps to remove AllInOneDocs from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default
- Inside the Default folder, go to Extensions
- Delete the folder named ‘kfdpnfbdljbpelgefpdiglephmapambo’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions
- Delete the extension named ‘AllInOneDocs‘.
The browser hijacker is removed from the browser.
Steps to remove AllInOneDocs from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Type the given path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles’ in the Run box which opens up.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ text appended in its name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- Search for ‘json.mozlz4’ in this folder and delete it.
- In the same folder, go to ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named ‘_iwMembers_@free.allinonedocs.com’.
- Set your default homepage.
Restart Mozilla. The infected extension will be removed.
Steps to remove AllInOneDocs from IE:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab from the available tabs.
- Click ‘Reset…’ button under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’.
- Set your desired homepage.
The above manual steps will help you get rid of AllInOneDocs hijacker on a temporary basis only as remnant files can be left behind in this method. So, it is always recommended to use the tool to remove this infection.
Tips to Prevent AllInOneDocs Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like AllInOneDocs Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.