ScenicHomepage is a browser hijacker or allow us to say a Virus which is capable of doing lot of disturbance in your browser settings. This browser hijacker materialize as an extension to the browsers Google Chrome, IE and Firefox. It is a bogus application that initially would seem to be smart in use.
However, it modifies your browser settings, penetrate into the system without your permission and secretly acquire your browsing history details and activities. Additionally, it is thought of as, a doubtlessly unwanted program by all the acknowledged IT security corporations.
How did it get there?
ScenicHomepage gets in your system with other free programs or by installation of other unwanted applications because of which most of the time you are not even aware of your system getting infected by this browser hijacker. These program providers generally hide the transfer behind a terms and conditions page, completely tricking you into downloading unwanted package and files or say, a browser hijacker or Virus.
Is your browser is automatically redirecting you to a new URL or if it is changing your homepage to “http://hp.myway.com”? Then you’re definitely infected by this “browser hijacker”.
How malicious is it?
ScenicHomepage can change your browser homepage or can redirect you to anonymous URLs which you have no intentions to visit. It can bring many unwanted ads on your browsing screen, making an attempt to give third party some good traffic. “ScenicHomepage” can sneak into your private data like Passwords, Bank Account info etc., which is why this infection/virus should not be neglected or ignored.
Direct Download ScenicHomepage_RemovalTool from here.
If you are noticing the following changes defined below then you are surely infected with this browser hijacker:
- Too many ads on browser and homepage
- Automatic navigation on anonymous URLs.
- Browser and search engine settings getting automatically changed.
- Inevitable redirect of page to myway.com.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Remove ScenicHomepage?
Well, ScenicHomepage can be removed by the following two methods but we will suggest that instead of going with the long procedure, you can easily remove it just by clicking on the ScenicHomepage_RemovalTool.
Method 1: By downloading the ScenicHomepage_RemovalTool
Method 2: Manually removing the virus from your browser.
Scan your PC with ScenicHomepage_RemovalTool
- Download ScenicHomepage RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove EasyFileConvert manually?
If you are going for “manual process” of removal of ScenicHomepage browser hijacker then let us warn you that in doing so, some files can remain undeleted. So it is advisable to use the tool provided above to clean your system virus.
Steps to remove ScenicHomepage from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go toTools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’ option.
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
Steps to remove hp.myways.com from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data”.
- Search for the folder Default and then Extensions folder.
- Delete the folder named“hhcmkedemkpbakpjdmpacbelgplbmgaf”.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Go toMenu –> More Tools –> Extensions.
- Delete the extension named “ScenicHomepage”.
The infected extension will be removed. Please note that the residue files might still be left behind in this method.
Steps to remove hp.myways.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles”.
- Click on the folder with“.default” For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named “_hqMembers_@free.scenichomepage.com”.
- Now, set the homepage of your choice and restart your browser.
ScenicHomepage Removal Tool
Tips to Prevent ScenicHomepage Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like ScenicHomepage Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.