Worried about how to remove the irritating browser hijacker “Search.Emailaccessonline” that’s constantly disturbing your internet surfing experience? This article will help you get rid of this infection.
What is Search.Emailaccessonline?
Search.Emailaccessonline is an extension which claims to offer multiple email logging options, large blocks of content and images. It actually is a hijacker which hijacks your browser and then changes the homepage. It also adds bookmarks with different email options and social networking sites in the homepage. To remove it from the browser, download the Search.EmailaccessonlineRemovalTool here.
What is a Browser Hijacker?
Browser hijacker is an infection which modifies the behavior of your browser when it is installed on your computer. It changes the homepage, the default search engine, and the new tab page. It affects your browser settings in such a way that while surfing, you are redirected to those websites that you had no intention of visiting.
How did it Attack my Browser?
This browser hijacker got into your computer probably when you were looking for email exchange options. It might have entered into your computer as a bundled program in the form of freeware, shareware, spam email attachments, etc.
A small icon on the top right hand corner of the toolbar like the one displayed below highlighted in red indicates that your computer is infected.
Search.Emailaccessonline Removal Tool
If you’ve unintentionally become a victim of this browser hijacker, you’ll notice the following behavior:
- When you launch the infected browser, the homepage has been changed.
- The toolbar has bookmarks related to various emailing options and social networking websites.
- The default search engine has been changed to yahoo.com.
- The web browsing speed has slowed to a large extent.
This browser hijacker acts differently on different browsers. It majorly targets:-
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove Search.emailaccessonline?
There are two ways to remove this infection:
- Automatic: Removing search.emailaccessonline.com browser hijacker using Search.EmailAccessOnlineRemovalTool.
- Manual: Removing search.emailaccessonline.com browser hijacker using manual steps.
Follow the steps below to get rid of this hijacker and get your computer infection free:
Automated Removal tool :
- Download Search.Emailaccessonline RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Steps to remove search.emailaccessonline.com from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box that comes up, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named ‘mplfbbmndofomeaknmhpmgimgonejnci’.
- Go back to the browser.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions
- Delete the extension named ‘emailaccessonline‘.The extension will be removed.
Steps to remove search.emailaccessonline.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box, type the following path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default‘ text appended in between the folder name.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘ and a folder named jetpack.
- In the same folder, click on the folder named ‘Extensions‘ and delete ‘@Email.xpi’.
Steps to remove search.emailaccessonline.com from IE:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click on ‘Reset…’
- Set the homepage according to your choice.
- Now restart your browser. The browser settings will be reset and the hijacker will be removed.
All these steps can help you remove this malware manually but as an expert, we would suggest that you remove the infection using the hijacker Removal Tool only.
Tips to Prevent Search.Emailaccessonline Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Search.Emailaccessonline Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.