What Is search.hidemysearch.com ?
HideMySearch is an adware/Browser Hijacker. It is added to your browser as an undesirable extension without your authorization. It starts directing your searches to https://search.hidemysearch.com.
HideMySearch is categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by most of the security software like McAfee. After it infects your computer, you will encounter loads of annoying advertisement banners and pop up links on your browser.It quickly adds itself to your browser as an extension. Some Antivirus companies categorize it as a virus or malware. It is a dreadful and hazardous computer infection classified as Redirect virus or adware. This uncertain threat of HideMySearch was created by hackers to make illegal profit online by cheating innocent users. The main purpose of this threat is redirect your searches and browser on their partner websites to generate leads or sales to earn commission. It boost the traffic for low quality and unreliable websites, where you can get cheated or your system can get infected by harmful malware. It mainly affects home page and default search engine. At the point when contaminated with one of these hijackers, it becomes difficult for the users to restore the default settings of your browser.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How does HideMySearch make its way into your system?
When it starts displaying a lot of malicious pop-up links and annoying advertisements right on your browser, that it means your system is infected with HideMySearch. HideMySearch gives off an impression of being generally spread through bundling programming. Rather than just introducing your picked program, you might be astonished with the consideration of HideMySearch. Once introduced, you may see odd elements of your web program and PC too. It also installed by free programs that did not appropriately disclose that other software would be installed along with it. Such infections bundles their software with some free software applications from the internet. It also get install by opening emails from unknown or untrusted sources and from spam emails. Thus, it is important to pay attention on terms and condition, license agreement and installation process when installing anything from internet.
Harmful after effects of HideMySearch:
- Changes your homepage to Search.HideMySearch.com
- Changes your search engine.
- Modifies the ‘new tab’ functionality to launch the modified search portal page.
- Adds an extension on your browser.
- Freezes your system
- Displays too many advertisements.
- New icon will appear on your browser.
- Manipulates web traffic to generate revenue.
- Slows down your browsing speed.
How to remove Hidemysearch?
Method-Automatic: Using Hidemysearch Removal Tool
Method-Manual: Remove Manually.
Automatic Removal Steps:
- Download Hidemysearch RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Hidemysearch Removalby How to Remove It
As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Hidemysearch Manually?
Steps to remove ‘Hidemysearch’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named “mieancdfgcnhmgpomcbmihmjjipfpklb”
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Hidemysearch’.
Steps to remove ‘Hidemysearch’ from Internet Explorer:
- Go to Tools tab on your Internet Explorer and select Manage add-ons tab.
- Select the option of ‘Toolbar and Extension’ and then delete the unwanted extension from there.
- In the other option ‘Search providers’. You can manage your search engine manually.
- Select the search engine and click set as default option according to your favorite one.
- If you are not able to change the settings from with the above steps. Click on Tool option >Internet Option >Advanced>Reset.
- From this you can reset your browser such as default settings.
Tips to Prevent Hidemysearch From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.
- Install a powerful ad-blocker for Chrome, Mozilla and IE.