What Is search.hideyoursearch.com ?
HideYourSearch is a promotional program that purportedly gives you simple and helpful index lists whether you are searching for local search, news, pictures, and recordings. But in real it is a malicious browser extension which can harm your system.
This extension is intrusive, can compromise your privacy and it is difficult to remove. Besides giving undesirable new tab, HideYourSearch additionally changes your default search engine and appoints an obscure one. Once your search engine set by this hijacker, you may see undesirable landing page, start-up, and new tab window. Most adware programs seize your program/browser settings and may cause redirection to different uninvited/unrequested sites. As soon as you get this infection, you get redirected on questionable sites because of general browser redirection. Hence, it is advised to get rid of HideYourSearch. The search.hideyoursearch.com browser hijacker will alter your browser’s search provider to search.hideyoursearch.com. This is to generate advertising revenue. In fact, this website records and tracks various data relating to browsing activity. Hideyoursearch is known for bundling itself with malware, adware, spyware and other malicious threats. This extension is automatically download without user’s permission and knowledge by third party malware, adware, and download manager. Then third party infects your system with additional malwares and other threats.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How does it install into your system?
- Surfing social media: during the surfing you may get the infection links display on your screen which you might accidentally open.
- Through spam mails with attachment: mails in your spam option that come with the infected links is another way of spreading this infection. Don’t open such mails or click on such malicious links. If it comes from unknown reference try to ignore the mail because by opening that you can be next victim.
- Using external sources: while using pen drive, DVD, CD or hard disk you can receive infection. This is most unintentional source of spreading the infection like
- During downloading: if you are installing anything through the internet then there is a chance to get this vicious program on your system. So, read and condition careful before downloading.
- File sharing: it uses P2P program which is very common among the people. Sharing through Wi-Fi can also make your system infected.
Malicious effects of Hideyoursearch:
- Changes your default browser settings.
- Changes your homepage and search result to search.hideyoursearch.com
- It can also slow down your browsing speed.
- Constant redirection to phishing sites which can steal your private and personal information.
- Installation other malware in your system.
- Makes your Pc sluggish.
How to remove Hideyoursearch?
Method-Automatic: Using Hideyoursearch Removal Tool
Method-Manual: Remove Manually.
Automatic Removal Steps:
- Download Hideyoursearch RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Hideyoursearch Removalby How to Remove It
As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove Hidemysearch Manually?
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions.
- Delete the folder that would be named “ajgfchgjdcbchhcjbdbgcnogafndhbmk”.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Hideyoursearch’.
- Go to Tools tab on your Internet Explorer and select Manage add-ons tab.
- Select the option of ‘Toolbar and Extension’ and then delete the unwanted extension from there.
- In the other option ‘Search providers’. You can manage your search engine manually.
- Select the search engine and click set as default option according to your favorite one.
- If you are not able to change the settings from with the above steps. Click on Tool option >Internet Option >Advanced>Reset.
- From this you can reset your browser such as default settings.
Tips to Prevent Hideyoursearch From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.
- Install a powerful ad-blocker for Chrome, Mozilla and IE.