Looking for a tool to remove search.moviecorner.com from your browser and confused which to choose? Don’t worry! The following blog will give you step by step method to remove it easily.
What is search.moviecorner.com?
search.moviecorner.com is an extension for your browser claiming to provide quick access to various movies online. However, it is actually a browser hijacker which controls your browser settings. It changes the homepage and new tab page to search.moviecorner.com. It stealthily installs several third-party applications and browser plug-ins and can lead to information tracking. This significantly diminishes the web browsing experience. You can download MovieCornerRemovalTool to get rid of this hijacker.
How does it get into your System?
While searching for accessing movies online, you may come across this extension. It is installed by the user unintentionally. When installed on the user’s PC, search.moviecorner.com reassigns the original settings when attempts are made to change them. Therefore, users are not able to return browsers to their original state and are forced to use search.moviecorner.com website.
If you’ve become a victim to this browser hijacker, you’ll notice the following behavior:
- Your homepage and new tab page have been changed to search.moviecorner.com.
- When you type anything in the search box, it searches using search.ozby.com
- The web browser has significantly been slowed down.
- Several annoying banner ads and coupons related to popular online stores, such as eBay, Amazon, etc. are displayed.
search.moviecorner.com typically targets the following three browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove search.moviecorner.com?
You can remove search.moviecorner.com using the given two methods:
- Automatic: To remove search.moviecorner.com using MovieCornerRemovalTool (link)
- Manual: To remove search.moviecorner.com using manual method
Automated Removal Tool :
- Download search.moviecorner.com RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Steps to remove search.moviecorner.com from
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default
- Navigate to Extensions folder inside it.
- Delete the folder named ‘illjpkfmdolbgpbjeibcdlflabkbjmhf’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘moviecorner‘.
The infection is removed from the browser.
The above manual steps will help you get rid of search.moviecorner.com on a temporary basis only as remnant files can be left behind in this technique. So, it is always suggested to use the hijacker removal tool to remove this infection.
Tips to Prevent search.moviecorner.com Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like search.moviecorner.com Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.