Is there an offer on your computer, tempting you to redeem free coupons flashing on your screen? Don’t get attracted and read the article below to save your computer form this hijacker.
This is a startup page and homepage browser hijacker that is bundled with some free software which you might have installed on your computer.
How did it get into your computer?
This gets on your computer bundled into the set-up with a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that you might have installed.
How malicious is this browser?
This is a serious threat to your online identity. This browser hijacker captures your surfing history and displays the ad-on and advertisement that tempt you to claim the free coupons. The browser extension includes various features that will modify the default or custom settings of the browser including the home page and search settings.
If the extension search.searchcoupon.com has been installed on your web browser, then you’ll notice the following behavior:
- Whenever you launch the browser, you’ll find that your default homepage has been changed.
- A new toolbar has been added, with different options of coupons.
- It also adds inadequate bookmarks without your permission.
search.searchcoupon.com typically targets the following three browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove search.searchcoupon.com?
You can remove search.searchcoupon.com using the given two methods:
- Automatic: To remove Free.onlinemapsearch.com using GetCoupenFast_RemovalTool
- Manual: To remove search.searchcoupon.com manually
Automated Removal Tool
- Double click on the tool icon and open it.
- When prompted, select ‘Yes’ to run the program.
- After the launch of the setup, click ‘Next’ on the window which appears
- In the subsequent screen, press ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to start scanning.
- In the next screen, press ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to allow the tool to close all the browsers and continue the cleaning process.
- The removal process is completed. To check the logs of the deleted files, read the text file which appears after the removal process.
Steps to remove search.searchcoupon.com from Google Chrome:
- Go to Start button on your keyboard.
- Type ‘Run’ in the search box & hit Enter.
- Now, in the Run box which opens up, type the following path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Go to Default
- Navigate to Extensions folder inside it.
- Delete the folder, named similar ‘ceahaiankeboalpdjchlflnnbbiejpal’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now, go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions and delete the extension named ‘GetCouponsFast‘.
The infection is removed from the browser.
Steps to remove search.searchcoupon.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Windows key and tap the ‘R’ once.
- Now, in the Run box, type the following path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default‘appended in between the folder name.
- In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘
- In the same folder, click on the folder named ‘Extensions‘ and delete _jhMembers_@www.getcouponsfast.com
Steps to remove search.searchcoupon.com from IE
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click on ‘Reset…’
- Set the homepage according to your choice.
Now restart your browser. The browser settings will be reset and the hijacker will be removed.