Search.searchgofind(SearchGoFind) is a browser hijacker. Definition of Browser hijacker– is a form of unwanted software that modifies a web browser’s settings without a user’s permission, to inject unwanted advertising into the user’s browser for the main purpose to generate monetary gain for its owner.
How does it get into your PC?
This infection can get into you PC, if you search anything on Search.com and once this infection enters your PC, you would be totally unaware, when Search.searchgofind.com begins to install on the computer. This is due to bundling technique wherein the browser hijacker is compiled with other apps. These bundles transmit via various web servers that present them as free games, utilities, tools etc. Search.searchgofind.com also arrives on your browser with internet cookies.The same behavior can also be seen in (Search.searchdconverter.com) browser hijacker.
Detected behaviors and nature:
- Automatically redirects to a new tab, mostly yahoo.com.
- Hijacks your web browser homepage and default search engine.
- It can also alter registry files to change the entire computer system.
- It will decrease your operating speed and system’s performance.
- It will track your browsing activities and gather the information which can be sensitive and shared with the third party.
- It can be a threat to the user’s system as it can help other malware to get in easily.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How To Remove SearchGoFind?
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Method-Automatic: Removing SearchGoFind Toolbar using SearchGoFind RemovalTool.
- Method-Manual: Removing SearchGoFind
Scan your PC
- Download SearchGoFind RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How To Remove SearchGoFind Manually?
Steps to remove ‘SearchGoFind’ from Google Chrome
1. Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
2. In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
3. Search for Default folder and then Extensions
4. Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘mkbdiophggkbfkehhhdojfnaaoipjcpn’.
5. Go back to Google Chrome.
6. Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
7. Delete the extension named ‘SearchGoFind’
Steps to remove ‘SearchGoFind’ from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
2. In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles‘.
3.Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
4. In this folder, delete ‘search.json.mozlz4‘.
5. In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the folder named @SearchGoFind.xpi
6. Set your favorite homepage.
7. Now restart your browser.
1. Open Internet Explorer (IE).
2. Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
3. From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
4. Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
5. Set the homepage of your choice.
6. Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed
Tips to Prevent SearchGoFind Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like SearchGoFind Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Malware Crusher. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.