Sports Addict works as a browser extension which infects your computer. This hijacker urges the user to install free software for watching online sports and sport related updates, but in a mysterious manner. It actually gets into your computer as a hijacker which harms your computer. Once infected, the user may experience pop-up windows, banners, ads, search suggestions or sponsored links.
Sports Addict Removal Tool
How did it get into the computer?
This is a bundled hijacker, which comes with mysearch.com website. It causes unwanted browser redirects and collects various user/system information. For these reasons, Sports Addict is categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) . This also downloads free software when you randomly clicking on any ads, pop-up windows/banners and even downloads files from your personal e-mail inbox.
When infected with this adware program, other common symptoms include:
- Advertising banners gets included with the web pages that you are surfing.
- Random web page text gets turned into hyperlinks.
- Browser popups appear, which recommend fake updates, specially related to sports.
- Post this infection gets into your computer, the browser will set its default search engine as mysearch.com
How to Remove Sports Addict?
There are two ways to remove this infection:
- Automatic: Removing Sports Addict browser hijacker using SportsAddict_RemovalTool.
- Manual: Removing SportsAddict.com browser hijacker manually.
Follow the steps below to get rid of this hijacker and get your computer infection free:
Scan Sports Addict Removal tool :
- Download Sports Addict RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
Sports Addict RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
Steps to remove Sports Addict from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box that comes up, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named ‘eaidadkjmbpgfepcglpdnoafbfbbmojc ‘
- Go back to the browser.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions
- Delete the extension named ‘Sports Addict ‘
- The extension will be removed and your computer will be infection free.
Tips to Prevent Sports Addict Toolbar From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Sports Addict Redirect. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.