Superdoctopdf is a type of browser redirect that looks like genuine search engine but instead is a browser hijacker. Once it attacks the computer, it replaces the existing search engine and homepage without the user permission. Search.superdoctppdf is a very dangerous PC threat which is recognized as a browser hijacker. It attacks your system and hijacks your web browser easily, it modifies the browser settings and also changes the homepage of your browser.
The main function of this malicious browser hijacker is to boost the traffic of its partner websites or say third party web portals and making profit for them and organic traffic. This cunning virus can easily trespass your machine through bundled freeware software , suspicious websites, spam email, fake ads and other means. It will make your system to function extremely slow due to the presence of potentially unwanted programs which are interconnected with the browser hijacker. It is suggested to remove it as soon as possible.
How does it enter into your system?
It enters into your system by bundling itself with other third party software. When you download a software this browser hijacker gets a free passage to enter into your system and start it working in the background without letting the user know about it. There are certain programs which can be downloaded from various sites absolutely at no cost. When we browse through the internet we may click on random ads or links which shows pop-ups on the screen which in turn installs an unknown extensions on the browser. When your browser starts displaying a lot of advertisements or pop-up links then it means your system is infected with Superdoctopdf which is a kind of browser hijacker.
How malicious is it?
- Changes the homepage and search engine browser settings on its own
- Redirects to yahoo.com.
- What you’re doing is likely to be tracked by this hijacker i.e it hijacks your browsing history.
- Homepage has been changed and thumbnail and an Extension have been added to the browser.
- Whenever you type anything, it starts searching on its desired search engine.
- Tracking of your browsing history.
- Freeze your system.
- Slow down your processing speed.
- Expose system to other malware.
The same behavior can also be seen in Films Fethcher browser hijacker.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
How to Remove Superdoctopdf
You can remove it using the given methods:
- Automatic: Remove Superdoctopdf using Superdoctopdf RemovalTool
- Manual: Remove Superdoctopdf
Scan your PC with:
- Download Superdoctopdf RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Superdoctopdf Manually?
Steps to remove ‘Superdoctopdf’ from Google Chrome:
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘ndjdejcoeeamhgemaanikocnffbdjlca’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Superdoctopdf’.
Steps to remove ‘Superdoctopdf’ from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to Tools –> Click on Internet Options.
- From the listed tabs, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset…’.
- Set the homepage of your choice.
Tips to Prevent Superdoctopdf From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like Superdoctopdf. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.