Switch2Search is a type of software that is bundled with freeware programs and shareware application which are usually derived from internet surfing. Switch2Search browser hijacker infects tons of ads or a series of attractive advertisements that looks useful, advertisement that claim to provide various beneficial features. But in reality, this strategy is used to fool the users by misleading their online activities to some predefined web pages.
What Switch2Search Does on Infected Computer?
- It will degrade the browser performance and add unwanted plugins in the browser
- The Switch2Search also drops harmful system threat and warnings.
- It will make the computer’s performance sluggish by keeping background applications running.
- You may hardly perform online operations as your browser will be flooded with non-stop pop-up ads.
- Google Chrome.
How to Remove Switch2Search ?
Removing switch2 search browser hijacker from your system is a very easy task if you do it with the tool provided below, but the same removal can turn out to be a very time consuming task, if done manually.
Method 1: Remove it by downloading Switch2Search_RemovalTool.
Method 2: Remove it through Manual steps.
- Download switch2 search RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
switch2 search RemovalTool
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to Remove Switch2Search_RemovalTool Manually?
Steps to remove Note homepage from Google Chrome
- Press +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: “%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data”.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder named” nopaljolpjpgecigkbhcdlblgheccnda “
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named “Switch2Search ”.
Tips to Prevent switch2 search From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs like switch2 search. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.