What Is TrackAPackage?
TrackAPackage is an unwanted browser hijacker from Ask.com. TrackAPackage Toolbar is created by Minpark Interactive Network which appear on your web browser screen. This program is a useless and annoying browser extension with the aim to display annoying ads.
Whenever any user searches for track my package, they also get a search result for Trackapackage and to remind you it is a browser hijacker.
The undesirable TrackAPackage site will show up when you open a new tab, or surf the Internet. This browser extension claims to provide package tracking service for tracking a parcel, get its location, check the status of the shipment, etc. This is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which redirects you to unknown and untrustworthy sites like Pornhub or any random gambling site. It is very harmful for the user’s computer because such components make your PC very sluggish. The add-on may produce browsers crashes and also track the personal information’s.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How does Trackapackage Toolbar gets install on your system?
- It gets installed when you click any infected link unintentionally.
- It spread over internet via third party software.
- It can get into your PC, if you happen to use an infected USB or other external drive on your computer.
- Bundling: TrackaPackage is free for anyone to download from its official website, however, it is also distributed using a misleading marketing method called “bundling”. TrackaPackage is commonly bundled with other free programs that you download from the Internet.
- Spam emails: The modest way to get this infection on your system is when the user carelessly clicks on any attachment which come with spam emails.
- Through torrent
- Changes your default search engine
- Changes your home page
- Once your PC gets infected with this virus, it will displays malicious advertisements, banners, embedded texts, hyperlinks, infected pop-ups and online promotional contents which you visit on the browser.
- Alters your system settings.
- Slow down your browsing activity.
- Freezes your system.
- It collects and tracks your sensitive information and data like IP addresses, browsing history, geo-locations, passwords, etc.
- It will make your system sluggish.
How to remove TrackaPackage ?
Method-Automatic: Using TrackAPackage Removal Tool
Method-Manual: Remove Manually.
Automatic Removal Steps:
- Download TrackAPackage RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove TrackAPackage Manually?
Steps to remove TrackaPackage from Google Chrome:
- Press window key +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named “plljhbdegkhnpjnjbhodbjgdmdnnlbcd ”
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘TrackaPackage’.
Steps to remove ‘TrackaPackage’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press window key +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles ‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json. mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named “_k8Members_@www.mymapsexpress.com”
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
Steps to remove ‘TrackAPackage’ from Internet Explorer:
- Go to Tools tab on your Internet Explorer and select Manage add-ons tab.
- Select the option of ‘Toolbar and Extension’ and then delete the unwanted extension from there.
- In the other option ‘Search providers’. You can manage your search engine manually.
- Select the search engine and click set as default option according to your favorite one.
- If you are not able to change the settings from with the above steps. Click on Tool option >Internet Option >Advanced>Reset
- From this you can reset your browser such as default settings
Tips to Prevent TrackAPackage From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.