MyTransitMapper Toolbar is designed by Mindspark Interactive Network, to allows users to get free access to traffic conditions, transit maps, driving directions, plan trips, monitor the schedule of trains, the location of bus stops etc. But factually this is a harmful browser hijacker and PUP.
Post penetrating your PC, it begins to spread a large amount of advertising content. It shows various banners, coupons, links to other malicious sites and advertainments. MyTransitMapper Toolbar threatens to the safety of your personal data. Mindspark Interactive Network designs applications like MyTransitMapper only to generate revenue for the developers. Such applications cause unwanted redirects and collect various user-system information. It also has the capability to track users online feeding details including financial account such as Bank and credit card details for own profit.
Download MyTransitMapper Removal Tool
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
How MyTransitMapper infiltrates your PC?
- Bundling method: It can infect your PC silently in the form of additional content or come bundled with free software. This program can be installed from its website or partner sites.
- Free Installation – Often users download freeware via Installation Manager, which hides within itself potentially unwanted programs (download.com, ebay.com etc.).
- Infected peripheral’s and attachments– Whenever you will insert pirated CD, or any removable hard disk with scanning it, your PC will be infected. Sharing files through removal device and mostly downloading unwanted program through dubious sites.
- Spam and Junk Emails-One of the most common methods to give way for this infection to get into your PC.
Harmful Effects of MyTransitMapper Toolbar:
- Adds suspicious toolbar and plug-ins that spy on user’s activities.
- Exploits the security vulnerabilities and opens backdoor for other malware.
- Alters the important settings of browser and ruins it completely.
- Connects the System with a remote server.
- Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
- Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
- Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.
How to remove MyTransitMapper?
You can remove it using the given methods:
Method-Automatic: Using MyTransitMapper Removal Tool
Method-Manual: Remove Manually.
Automatic Removal Steps:
- Download MyTransitMapper RemovalTool by clicking on the given link:
- As soon as you will open the downloaded file a security warning pop-up will appear as shown below, click on ‘Run’ button.
NOTE: You will not see this pop-up in Windows 10.
- Again a pop-up window will appear. Click on ‘Yes’.
- A setup window will appear. Click on ‘Next’ button to start the process of installation.
- Automatically it will detect and show the active threats present in your system.
- To remove all the threats which are detected, click on ‘Clean Now’.
NOTE: If any browser are still running, close all the open browsers before proceeding.
- A pop-up will show you all the infected files, folders and registry entries has been removed successfully.
How to remove MyTransitMapper Manually?
Steps to remove MyTransitMapper from Google Chrome:
- Press window key +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box which appears, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default folder and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘bonmoladgnndhginhkpbofjaoipajonf ‘
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘MyTransitMapper’.
Steps to remove ‘MyTransitMapper’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press window key +R button on keyboard to open ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles ‘.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For e.g.: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete the file named “__k9Members_@www.mytransitmapper.com”
- Set your favorite homepage.
- Now restart your browser.
- Go to Tools tab on your Internet Explorer and select Manage add-ons tab.
- select the option of ‘Toolbar and Extension’ and then delete the unwanted extension from there.
- In the other option ‘Search providers’. You can manage your search engine manually.
- Select the search engine and click set as default option according to your favorite one.
- If you are not able to change the settings from with the above steps. Click on Tool option >Internet Option >Advanced>Reset
- From this you can reset your browser such as default settings
Tips to Prevent MyTransitMapper From Infecting Your System:
- Enable your popup blocker: Pop-ups and ads in the websites are the most adoptable tactic used by cyber criminals or developers with the core intention to spread malicious programs. So, avoid clicking uncertain sites, software offers, pop-ups etc.
- Keep your Windows Updated:To avoid such infections, we recommend that you should always keep your system updated through automatic windows update. By doing this you can keep your device free from virus. According to survey, outdated/older versions of windows operating system are an easy target.
- Third party installation:Try to avoid freeware download websites as they usually install bundled of software with any installer or stub file.
- Regular Back up: Regular and periodical backup helps you to keep your data safe in case the system is infected by any kind of virus or any other infection. Thus always backup important files regularly on a cloud drive or an external hard drive.
- Always have an Anti-Virus: Precaution is better than cure. We recommend that you install an antivirus like McAfee or a good Malware Removal Tool like Free Malware RemovalTool. Apart from this we would suggest a regular updating of these software to detect and avoid latest infections.